Monday, February 4, 2008

Troublemaker!

Let me introduce you to our little neighbor outside. This little fox has caused quite a rukus around our house these days. Kody, our Great Pyrenees, was bred to guard sheep and goats from such animals (ok, probably guarding against wolves, but this fox seems to dredge up Kody's instincts regardless). The fox here are not afraid of people, cars, or huge white dogs. In this picture he is sitting on a snow berm and I pulled our suburban right up to him and took his picture. I am afraid that people feed them so they have lost their fear of people.

Every time I take Kody out back I almost lose him because he pulls so hard and I am lucky to not get my hand ripped off. This little fox sleeps under our porch often, plays with Kody's dog toys, and generally finds joy in making Kody go hysterical. He will sit out of reach and just watch Kody freak out. These foxes are pretty smart!

No comments: