Wednesday, December 2, 2009

More October pictures

Patrick helping me choose a pumpkin for Halloween.

Our little skeleton in our yard.


On Halloween, Patrick and I went to visit Ryan in Victoria, B.C. We take a 90 minute ferry to get there from Port Angeles.


Patrick helped me read the map of the city.



Then he ate our map.


So, there is a tradition in Victoria every Halloween. Locals dress as zombies and stumble around the city in character (before I knew about the tradition, I noticed some zombies dragging themselves around and thought they were crazy). Then, at 2pm, they all meet at the Parliament Building and get a picture together, after which they all march off together. It was awesome to see. There were entire families in normal clothes torn up with blood everywhere and dark eyes, pale skin...there must have been almost 1000 for sure. I want to do it sometime!


This is Ryan's boat in Victoria. The ferry let us off directly across the small harbor.



Patrick and I at Hurricane Ridge.


Patrick and dad, very serious.




No comments: